From May 2017 the first 50 PE teachers will take part in our first cycle of annual teacher training and CPD in the skills of the modern and future teacher. This course is known as The EverLEarner CPD course. These 50 colleagues are classroom teachers, middle managers and senior leaders and will receive a full scholarship to the course and pay no fee whatsoever. Colleagues interested in joining cohort two of this model should read the following:
- The course consists of 11 units.
- There are three compulsory units and eight optional units.
- Certification and graduation is achieved by completing a minimum of seven units (80 credits).
- Distinction can be achieved by earning over 100 credits
- Cohort 2 will commence in November 2017.
Participating in this course will be highly beneficial. This is a summary of why you should take part:
- The training is very high quality and very relevant. No-one else is offering this type or quality of training and we guarantee you that you will learn skills that are relevant to the classroom now and in the years to come.
- The training is useful and provocative. We’re going to challenge you at every level of your teaching practice from improving your questioning technique to thinking about the fundamental principles of education.
- The training is ongoing. You’ll take one experience per month and then apply what you’ve learned. You can also qualify by taking seven of the eleven elements.
- The training is completely free. We’re absolutely serious about this. It’s free – completely free! We do ask you to value this training as if you’ve spent a lot of money on it.
- We certificate and endorse you at the end of the course. Once graduated, you’ll receive The EverLearner certificate (something that will become very highly prized in years to come) and you can refer to yourself as an EverLearner Certified Teacher. We’ll also provide you with some groovy little icons to put on your social media profiles.
Please browse our syllabus below for cohort 1. If you are interested in becoming one of 50 teachers taking part in cohort two from November please complete the expression of interest form below. We will then be able to contact you with more information in due course.
|June 2017||Curriculum Design –
Improving course outcomes by getting the course strategy right.
|Optional – 10 credits||Monday 26th June 16:30||45 minutes||WebinarJam (online)|
|July 2017||TEL Classroom –
the future of the classroom presented to you in-person by the full TEL team. We will take you through a 2 hour whirlwind experience where you will be the student in our classroom of the future.
|Compulsory – 20 credits||Various -please check UK tour map once published||2 hours||In-person|
|August 2017||Summer Break|
|September 2017||The Masterplan –
a session covering broad facets of work but focusing on the humanistic learning model.
|Compulsory – 10 credits||Various – please see schedule once published.||45 minutes||YouTube LIVE|
|October 2017||Increasing Student Activity in the Classroom –
A presentation of between 7 and 10 ideas to dramatically increase student ownership of learning in the classroom.
|Optional – 10 credits||Tuesday 10th October 16:30||45 minutes||WebinarJam (online)|
|November 2017||Flipped, Blended and Self-paced Learning Models –
we aim to demonstrate how the classroom converts from being a predominantly teaching space to a learning space by moving out of pedagogy into heutagogy.
|Optional – 10 credits||Wednesday 15th November 16:30||45 minutes||WebinarJam (online)|
|December 2017||The Mastery Model of Learning –
we aim to challenge the systemic behaviours of ability profiling and present functional ways to present learning in a model that allows for mastery for all, regardless of their start point.
|Optional – 10 credits||Monday December 11th 16:30||45 minutes||WebinarJam (online)|
|January 2018||The Data Springboard –
using live, volatile data to change the game. If you’re used to the run of the mill “data sessions” you really need to attend this one.
|Optional – 10 credits||Tuesday January 16th 16:30||45 minutes||WebinarJam (online)|
|February 2018||Revision Models That Work – Assessing and presenting a range of revision models that make an impact and understanding the revision behaviours of students in order to get the most out of them.||Optional – 10 credits||Wednesday 28th February 16:30||45 minutes||YouTube LIVE|
|March 2018||Middle Management –
managing up and managing down. A series of practical and insightful recommendations into the best middle management practices.
|Optional – 10 credits||Tuesday March 20th 16:30||45 minutes||WebinarJam (online)|
|April 2018||Managing Exam Results, Report writing and Action Plans –
a series of models that allow teachers and middle leaders to celebrate, review and respond to exam results no matter how pleasing or worrying they are.
|Optional – 10 credits||Wednesday 18th April 16:30||45 minutes||WebinarJam (online)|
|May 2018||Mystery Session and Graduation – A celebratory session involving a series of surprise guests.||Compulsory – 10 credits||TBC||45 minutes||YouTube LIVE|